2020年12月24日 星期四

Talks At GS Presents: Insights From Great Investors,

 In this episode of "Talks At GS Presents: Insights From Great Investors," ARK Invest Founder, CEO and CIO Cathie Wood discusses her investment focus on innovation, the importance of building a diverse team, and why having great mentors has been key to her success.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgbSbl0jL-w


KATIE KOCH: What advice would you give to young people starting off in investing?

 

CATHIE WOOD: First I would say, and consider the source here, but first I would say try and stay away from anything that is benchmark sensitive. I don't think that's where the real opportunity is. I think that world is being populated by value traps. And just I think the returns are going to be disappointing. 

The second thing I would say is try and associate yourself directly with some performance metrics. So, you can be measured. Your performance can be measured. And no one can take that away from you. I think that's very important. If at all possible. And we are moving into a world that is evolving towards exactly that. "Okay, let me figure out the return on investment here." You know? We think about that with technologies. But I think that's going to be true when it comes to human capital. And just be willing to be adventurous. And when others are running away and it's conventional wisdom that something is not going to take off, take a closer look at it. And see if you can find any merit. I'm not saying there will always be. But if there is merit as others are dismissing the possibilities, that's where you're going to find great success.

沒有留言: